Royal Canin Veterinary Dog - Diabetic Special Low Carbohydrate Loaf



Diabetic Special Low Carbohydrate Loaf
Complete dietetic feed for adult dogs.
• Diabetes Mellitus and a Body Condition Score (BCS) ≤ 6/9
• Diabetes Mellitus and a BCS ≥ 7/9, until glycemic control has been achieved, after which transition to SATIETY for weight loss
• Growth, gestation/lactation


  • Glucomodulation
    Specific formula utilising cereals with a low glycaemic index and selected fibres to help in the management of post-prandial blood glucose in diabetic dogs.
  • High protein
    Helps reduce net energy supply and support maintenance of muscle mass essential in diabetic dogs.
  • Low starch
    Formula contains a reduced level of starch to help limit post-prandial blood glucose.

DIABETIC is recommended as first line nutritional management for all newly diagnosed cases of Diabetes Mellitus until control of clinical signs and hyperglycemia have been achieved.NOTE: The use of this food may affect the dog’s sensitivity to insulin. It is highly recommended that blood glucose and insulin response are monitored when starting the diet so that insulin dosage can be adapted.

Composition: Pork by-products, poultry by-products, chicken meat, powdered cellulose, maize grits, pork blood products, sunflower oil, beet pulp, minerals, marigold extract (source of lutein).

Additives (per kg)*: Nutritional additives: Vitamin D3: 180IU, Iron (3b103): 3mg, Iodine (3b201, 3b202): 0.3mg, Copper (3b405, 3b406): 2mg, Manganese (3b502, 3b504): 1mg, Zinc (3b603, 3b605, 3b606): 10mg.             

*Values reflect only levels added to the formula, not those naturally occuring in components of the diet.

Analytical constituents: Protein: 9.0% - Fat content: 4.0% - Crude ash: 1.5% - Crude fibres: 2.4% - Moisture: 79.0% -

Essential fatty acids: 0.9% - Total sugars: 0.7% - Starch: 1.6%

Feeding instruction: see table. Batch number, factory registration number and best before date: see information on packaging. To be stored in a cool, dry place.

This website uses cookies for best user experience, to find out more you can go to our Privacy Policy  and  Cookies Policy